Fire season is in full swing in Colorado, but Estes Park and the businesses in this community are currently open and as of this writing. While smoke from fires across the state has made its way to Estes, the town itself has not yet been directly threatened by any fires this year.
These resources are great for both locals and visitors hoping to learn more about the conditions in the area.
- Cameron Peak Facebook Page - Provides official updates on the Cameron Peak Fire, including detailed videos, maps, and explanations of current fire information and tactics used to combat the fire
- StoryMap - One-stop-shop for all information about the Cameron Peak Fire. This story map is an interactive environment for maps and other features that allow you to see updates, pictures, videos and maps all in one place.
- InciWeb the Incident Information System - Provides information on fire locations. You may search Colorado or specific fires.
- Airnow.gov - Air Quality Index in Estes Park, CO
- Smoke Outlook - Smoke forecast for the Cameron Peak Fire
- Rocky Mountain National Park Alerts - Details about the impacts of conditions and wildfires on RMNP, including fires bans and park closures
- Nocoalerts.org - Public safety emergency alerts & evacuation zones map
- Larimer.org - Information from Larimer County on the Cameron Peak Fire
- Open Flame Cooking Devices - Notice of Fire Code Requirements from the Estes Valley Fire Protection District
- Joint Information Center open from 8 a.m.-8 p.m: 970-980-2500
- Fire Information Office: 970-541-1008, open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to help, please DO NOT approach the fire teams with food or gifts. Please DO show your gratitude by donating to the Red Cross. The best way to show appreciation to firefighters is to make sure you have done all you can to prepare your own property. As Chief Wolf has said, "We live in a mountain community and we should always be prepared for evacuation." You can find resources to guide you at https://www.estesvalleyfire.org/cameron-peak-fire-resources.