Gifts of Imperfection Book Club
Weekly book club exploring the Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown (get it from Macdonald Book Shop here), co-hosted by Donna Carlson with the Estes Chamber and Abi Huebner with Visit Estes Park. Buy your own book and join us for free. Invite a friend. This is an EVRC initiative to connect our community and build resiliency to weather any crisis.
Fridays starting January 8 for 12 weeks on:
- Introduction: wholehearted living and things that get in the way
- Cultivating authenticity: letting go of what people think
- Cultivating self-compassion: letting go of perfectionism
- Cultivating a resilient spirit: letting go of numbing and powerlessness
- Cultivating gratitude and joy: letting go of scarcity and fear of the dark
- Cultivating intuition and trusting faith: letting go of the need for certainty
- Cultivating creativity: letting go of comparison
- Cultivating play and rest: letting go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as self-worth
- Cultivating calm and stillness: letting go of anxiety as a lifestyle
- Cultivating meaningful work: letting go of self-doubt and supposed to
- Cultivating laughter, song, and dance: letting go of being cool and always in control.